Tuesday 10 August 2010

Our Anniversary

This really should have come before the girls birthday's but since we didn't get to celebrate it till a few weeks ago I guess this order is better.

There is not a lot to say about it, even though it was our 5th anniversary. We could not celebrate at the time as not only were we babysitter less but we were in the middle of a campaign. So we decided to postpone it until a more convenient time.

Time marched on and we finally went out for dinner together a few weeks ago. We have decided that our funds for anniversary gifts would go towards getting a patio in our garden.

Well all that remains is to share with you that these 5 years have been the best of my life. They have gone by so quickly but just as quickly my love has sored for my wonderful husband. I can not begin to tell you how thankful I am that God brought this godly man into my life. He is never too busy to do anything for me from getting me a drink or snack to bending over backwards to help me with the girls. He is great with our children and loves spending time with them. Despite the fact that he doesn't share my need to have a clean and tidy house he does his best to help me. His thoughtfulness amazes me daily. I would say that compared to some we have had a reasonably smooth 5 years, we went into our marriage with our eyes open, having prepared as much as you can through books and premarital counselling, I don't think we would have done so well had it not been for that preparation. I can't imagine two more compatible people, even in our differences we seem to compliment each other beautiful. Everyday I grow more proud of the man that my husband has and is becoming. He is the man of my dreams but better yet the man of my prayers! David Rodney Chapman in front of those reading this - I LOVE YOU!


1 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

What a sweet post Debs! You look so beautiful in your wedding pictures!