Friday 30 January 2009

Tips and a Wiggle

Calling all parents.......

We are at the stage of beginning to think about potty training. I am not sure that Abby is ready just yet and with a baby on the way I am not sure the time is right but I am trying to gather information and at least start taking about "the potty" and what it is used for. It would be great to not have the cost of nappies/diapers (we have taught Abby both terms) for much longer and I am considering cloth nappies for our newest arrival. Anyway enough tangents........ My post is to ask any of you that have been there and done that for tips, advice, signals that it is the right time and how you go about starting. Also tips for cleaning up those wee (pun intended) and not so wee accidents.

I also thought I would include more pictures and a special video. She is just so cute it is hard to resist! I also have to say that I was so proud of her this morning. I was brushing her hair (yes she finally has some) and when she thought it was time for me to stop she said "no ta". This was the first time that she used her manors unprompted, except when she says "plea" (please) to get something she wants! There is hope yet!


She likes to flick through my "In the eye of the storm" book.

Taking her babies out for a walk.


Abby's Chair


Colouring is such fun


Artist at work


By special request a video of the WIGGLE!

2 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Oh, she is super cute!! Very hard to resist, I am sure!! I would say on the potty training...that the whole new baby thing is a big transition, you may end up trying to train her for the next year if she wants to regress after the baby is born, so I would say wait..unless she just starts going on her own. Maybe show her what to do, but don't force her...Once the baby is sleeping all night and you are past that first big transition, it might be easier for both Abby and you! Just my thoughts..I waited with Ben until after Collin was through that phase..mostly out of necessity because of my health, but it worked out great, and when Collin was about 4 month old, after just a couple days of trying, Ben was trained almost on his own...even through the night, no accidents, so we did not even have to use pull-ups! But then again everyone is different!!:)

Daisha said...

Yeah, the wiggle!!!!

Daisha