Tuesday 20 January 2009

Who's cute?

I had my first midwife appointment on Sunday afternoon. Everything seems to be as is should and we got to hear the heart beat. I am booked in to deliver at Peterhead maternity unit but as it is a small unit with only midwives if there are any complications I will have to go to Aberdeen. My parents came up to watch Abby while we were at the appointment. They left on Monday after we HAD to go to the shoe store..........................

Okay, so I am going to admit to one of those guilty terrible parent moments! We got Abby new shoes in mid September and they were great, now I know they say get kids feet checked every 6-8 weeks but there really seemed no need her shoes still fit fine. Then a couple of weeks ago it suddenly seemed as if we were cramming her feet into the shoes. We kept try to find a time to go but life always got in the way. Finally a few days ago she started walking funny in her shoes so we knew that we HAD to go. The last time her feet were a size 3 but the shoes she fit were a 2 1/2. This time she was a 4 1/2! No wonder she was walking funny her toes must have been curled under her feet. I felt terrible but I have to say in my defence her feet don't seem to grow that quick then they seem to sprout over night.

Cuddles with mama


New shoes!






She was given a snow suit at Christmas and it was so cold today I thought she should wear it while we went on our wee walk. Cozy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Deborah... she is sooooooo adorable!!! You know, I have a really cute one year old boy... maybe one day we should introduce them ;) hee hee