Tuesday 17 March 2009

30 Years!

Saturday saw the coming of another year for me, taking me to a grand total of 30! I can't believe that I am in my 30's (where did the time go?). I was so excited that it was on a Saturday, don't you love Saturday birthdays? Unfortunately we were not able to do quite all that we had planned for the day as my parents could not make it up to celebrate and Abby ended up getting a bad cold on the Friday so we ended up just doing part of what we wanted. We headed to Aberdeen fun beach early afternoon and met up with JA, Kristen, Brennan and Jonathan. Then we decided to eat at a Mexican restaurant for a birthday lunch, we had a fantastic server who really made it a great experience. When we finally finished our meal a couple of hours later we headed out to walk along the beach area. We finished off by driving a short way and taking the kids to a park for a wee while before going our separate ways, by which time it was evening. Originally we were going to stay with JA and K Saturday night but we decided that it would be better for Abby to be in her own bed and not share her cold germs. I am very excited and a bit nervous by my gift from my sweet husband. When he is off work for spring break he has booked us a hotel for a night and arranged babysitting. I am excited as it will be the first child free night I will have had in almost 2 years! But I am also nervous as Abby has never gone to bed without mama being there (from necessity rather than choice)! I am also excited as I plan on getting gardening tools with my birthday money. We have never had our own garden before and I am so excited with the weather improving to get out there and get our garden in shape.

I know it is hard to believe but we don't have a single picture from my birthday. With all the changing of plans and dealing with a sick child it never entered our heads to pick up a camera! Thankfully my sister-in-law had a camera at the restaurant but we will have to wait until she sends them to me before we can post any.

I have some great pictures of Abby to post but it will have to wait as I am really tired and heading to bed for the night. I will try to do them soon.

0 comments: