Tuesday 3 March 2009

David's birthday, Laptop, valentines and catch up

Okay so I know that David's birthday was almost a month ago but here is some of the few pictures that we had time to take. As most of you will know from a previous post his birthday was the Monday following that crazy weekend when John Anthony and family returned home to find a broken boiler. So David's birthday was a bit all over the place. We had a finger food meal on Sunday evening for his birthday and once the kids were in bed we had a special Chocolate chip cookie cake from Costco - it was delicious! Then he opened a few wee gifts and we relaxed for a short while.

The CCCC was called David's! How funny!



What a blaze




Short but sweet...



We had got a new laptop when we were engaged and a year or so ago David got an old laptop that his dad was getting rid of. He used that one for work however as it was quite old when we got it, it did not take long before there were problems with it. As David realise on his laptop for work we knew we would have to replace it. So we decided to use some Christmas money, his birthday money and some of my birthday money (yet to come) and buy a new one. We found a nice 12" Advent with good specs on ebay. It was refurbished but had a 3 month guarantee so we put in a best offer and it was accepted. It is a great size not being too small but small enough to keep out the way. I am typing on it right now! I was going to take a picture to put on but hey I'm pregnant and quiet honestly can't be bothered right now! That is also why I haven't been blogging as much as we were getting to grips with the new laptop and getting it set up.

For valentines day we did not have any babysitters so we fed Abby at the usual time and put her to bed sharp and then we enjoyed our dinner and watched Fireproof (JA and Kristen gave to David for Christmas, it is not out here). We really enjoyed it and like many others highly recommend it. So it was a nice evening.

We have had a busy time lately. Two weekends ago we had David's grandparents from Glasgow up from the Friday evening to Monday afternoon as his Grandpa was preaching here over the weekend. Then this weekend just past we went down to stay with my parents as the Church there was putting on a short marriage seminar. It was really good to be able to attend even if we didn't get to hear every word due to a 20 month old! We travelled down on Friday late afternoon and came home on Sunday night. It was fun as JA, Kristen, Brennan and Jonathan were there too. It was a tight squeeze in my parents house but we managed.

The rest of this month is also set to be busy for us. This weekend David's parents are coming for a visit and the following weekend is my birthday. The weekend after that we might go back down to my parents as it is my great Aunts 80th birthday party. The weekend after will be a potluck Sunday and can you believe it we will then be into April. The spring break for David starts on the 3rd of April for 2 weeks during which time I really want to get our bedroom painted and start on some sorting and cleaning in preparation for our new arrival in the summer.

I will do a separate post with pictures later.

1 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Debs,
For some reason I lost the address of your parents that you sent me. I am so slow at getting to the post and the right stamps!! I am so sorry to ask this, but could you resend it to earlebrown99@yahoo.com Thank you!! I know it is something Grampian road.